With the easing of Covid-19 restrictions in NSW, Hwa Tsang Monastery has adjusted our guidelines accordingly to keep everyone safe.
Opening Hours & Important Reminders
- Hwa Tsang Monastery will be opening to the public from 7/03/2022.
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Everyday
- Visitors must be fully vaccinated as per NSW Health guidelines, and have your vaccination certificate available.
- Please visit individually or in small household groups.
- Please keep the visit brief (15 minutes).
Do Not Visit If:
- You or a member of your household have recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with COVID-19 patients.
- You or a member of your household have flu like symptoms, including fever, cough, running nose, shortness of breath or sore throat. Please remain at home and seek medical advice.
- You are yet to be fully vaccinated.
- Please wear a mask.
- Sanitise your hands.
- Scan the QR code, or provide contact details at the reception.
- 4 meter square rule applies to both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Always maintain 1.5 meter social distance from others.
- Avoid unnecessary chatting or speaking loudly.
- Indoor areas including the main Hall, library and kitchen will remain closed to the public. Please pay your respect at the Guan Yin bodhisattva shrine.
- Only 1 household at a time will be allowed in to the Memorial Hall, while observing the 4 meter square rule.
Public Activities Suspended:
- Religious services will be conducted by the venerables only. Please do not attend the chanting sessions.
- Group activities will continue to be held online. Please refer to our activities page for further details.
- Regrettably we will not be able to serve food to the public until the pandemic is over.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation, which will continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. We look forward to seeing you at the monastery.
May all be always well and happy.
HTM Executive Committee